We were supposed to go on a hike Tuesday with them and a few other people, but it ended up getting cancelled because of the torrential downpour that had been happening all night and all morning. We decided to make the best of the day anyway and rent a car and drive to Freshwater Lake, which is a little over an hour away. It turned out to be completely cloud covered and so we couldn't actually see the lake at all from the hike so we decided to turn around half way through and go back down to the lake. Jordan and Aaron got in, it was pretty cold out where we were anyway so Kelsey and I opted to stay in our sweatshirts and rain jackets. After that we drove to Roseau and I got a pendant that is the shape of the island and has Dominica written on it. Kelsey got some fun fabric to make some pillows out of when she's back in Canada. We also stopped at the Save a Lot and picked up a few things, steak, yogurt, crab meat. By the way that is my new favorite store on the island, they have actual meat and produce sections that have reasonably priced groceries. A really nice steak is $10 or $11 EC (eastern caribbean dollars. 2.67 is the exchange rate) You can't even get that great of a price in the states! Anyway then we headed home and cleaned up and ordered pizza and watched a movie. It ended up being one of my top 10 best days I've had on the island.




It was FREEZING! I have two zip up hoodies and a rain jacket on!

Kelsey may actually kill me if she ever sees this on here :) She was stylin with her purple shorts, green shirt, and red hoodie.
Isn't the lake beautiful......?
Trying to think of the words to the potty song!!
We decided that there are most definitely Mermaids in this lake. I looks just like the one from Harry Potter
Takin a dip
The view of Roseau from Morne Bruce. That is the Carnival Victory, in case you were wondering.
On Monday night Aaron and I went up to De Champ to have a couple drinks and eat dinner and on our way home we saw a puppy who looked exactly like both of our girls combined. If Lily and Meeka morphed in to one, this pup would have been her. She was soooo lovey and sweet. She ended up following us all the way back home which was a long way from where we found her. We offered her some food and water. We still have the cat kennel that we used to put Meeka in when she was much smaller, so we set that out on the porch for her to have some shelter from the rain. We said that if she was still there in the morning we wanted to find her a home because she is just way way too sweet to be living on the streets of Dominica. She stayed the whole night on our porch so we fed her again and tied her up so that when we got back from the hike we could contact PAWS, bathe her and work on getting this sweet little girl a home. Unfortunately when we had gotten back some one had unhooked the collar and she was gone. However we have seen her a couple times since then, so she is safe which made me feel better. I am just hoping that someone will take her home and give her lots of loves because she deserves it.
Isn't she sweet!
She made herself right at home
"Scratch my belly!!!!" Her ears look so much like Lily's!
She loved having her chin rubbed
I think she looks exactly like Lily here!

She's got Lily's color and ears and Meeka's face, Aaron called her the hybrid.
This morning I dropped my baby Meeka off to go get "fixed." Her and Koa Toa are both being taken to Roseau today and having their surgeries. When Meeka realized Lily and I weren't going and it was just going to be her she started to cry and it broke my heart and made me start to cry :( My poor baby! This vet will be keeping them overnight and will bring them back in the morning. I'm glad that Dr. Paul keeps them over night so she can get some rest, maybe I'll sleep better than I did when Lily got done too!
Me and my baby Meeka <3 I love my girls!
Well thats all I've got for now, I'll try to write sooner than I did last time! I'll leave you with this picture I had forgot about and just found on Aaron's camera...
We went to cook breakfast one morning and this happened! We had never seen a double yolk before.



No comments:
Post a Comment