Today we have 16 days left here on the island. It is so bitter sweet. I'm excited to be in the states again and around family, but I'm really struggling with leaving. This island has become such a huge part of our lives. We had our first home together, we got our two beautiful puppies, we got engaged, and on top of that we have met some of the most amazing people here. I also feel like I have grown here so much. I hope that the humbleness I learned here, I carry it with me for years to come and don't just fall back into being a spoiled American. It makes me sad to think of leaving for good. This is home for us now.
I know that the next chapter will be just as great as this one, and I am looking forward to the journey that is ahead, its just hard to let go of this. We have already promised ourselves to come back and visit in a few years. I'm really truly going to miss Dominica and all the memories I have made here. Even in spite of the fact that the power and internet go out and the brown water when it rains and the large scary centipedes, I will always look back with fond memories.
A group of us went to Victoria Falls yesterday
So fun!
I love that we can be adventurous together!
The beautiful view from our favorite restaurant/bar De Champ
Aaron and I at the Sunday evening dinner at De Champ
Meeka's Kennel came in, so I had to get in again, Meeka must have grown quite a bit more because this time it was much more cramped!
| Getting the girls kennels ready to fly |
I'm going to miss having fresh coconut to drink and eat!
We went to dinner at Red Rock Haven with Kelsey and Jordan.
We love them!
This was THE BEST meal I have ever eaten in my life!
The love of my life
homemade avocado masks! We had a girls spa and wine night, it was soooo fun!
Some of the girls put together a bachelorette party for Kelsey, she was so surprised.
Aaron and I at Emerald Pool
This was from the RSO farewell banquet. They give awards to the people who are leaving the island and my award was "most likely to have their first child underwater while scuba diving" I thought that was pretty funny!
This is where we go every Friday night for ribs. SOOOOOO yummy!


No comments:
Post a Comment