Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Toys I love

I have a weird thing about toys. I like toys that inspire imagination and creative play, not the ones that light up and make noise and do everything for you. Playing is a child's job, it's how they learn and grow, and I really want to make them have to work at it, and imagine things. I also LOVE good quality wooden toys. They hold up better and are better for the environment. I know I sound like a total hippie, and I never thought this would be me in a million years, but after being around so many children and nannying, I really think children who have less toys and more simplistic toys are better set for their future. Who knows maybe I'm wrong, but here are some toys I am wanting to get my hands on for Little R.

I want Little man to have a billion books, and I want to read some to him every day. I love books and I think it is important to teach him early that reading is fun and important.



I like wooden toys for baby to chew on. It's natural. No chemicals (see there I go all hippie again)

Melissa and Doug
Pretty much all Melissa and Doug toys I love.

Safari Chunky Puzzle - 8 Pieces
As well as Melissa and Doug Puzzles


How cute is this wooden breakfast set?!

Wooden Toy Camera
What kid doesn't like a camera

I also love the brand Green Toys. All of their toys are made in the US from recycled milk jugs. How cool is that?! I love this Airplane! Little man's Grandpa Robertson flys and I know he would love seeing this in the nursery.



No comments:

Post a Comment