Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What a Wonderful Weekend!


Aaron took his mini 2 last monday and he did great. We were pretty tired that night so we just stayed in and played games. Thursday Aaron and I got invited to go out for a couple drinks with a couple of our friends so we went out to a place we hadn't been before called Le Courtyard. It was really fun, it is pretty much just a patio and outside bar with a kitchen attached. I got a delicious cranberry margarita and Aaron had a whiskey and coke. We all had a really good time. Then on Friday we went to dinner at a place called Sunset Bay Club.  There was a group of 22 of us that went. Its about a 25 minute drive from where we live so we all piled into a couple transport buses. They are known for their plates of lobster, because they give you a plate of about 13-15 to work your way through. So Aaron and I shared and order of lobster, it was delicious! I was stuffed when we left to come back home!
From the kids side of the table, they were pretty excited to be in the picture!

The other side of the table, I always manage to get really great pictures of Doug (hes the guy who is giving me the death look) ;)
We were debating the whole night over Aaron's shirt. He thought it was grey, but everyone else said green.  Lenny said you can really tell its green right before the picture was snapped, so I'm about to crack up laughing.

The sunset at Sunset Bay.

:)

We were playing with the hermit crabs on the beach and I picked this one up to show Aaron the shell and when I put it in his hand the little guy came out of it! I've always wondered what they look like without a shell!

Analeah and Michael

Pretty German Shepherd that belongs to the owner and chef of the resort.

It was great to spend some time with our little group, because the semester is coming to an end again and so that means they will be moving on to the next part of their journey.  Andrea Riley leaves next week already to go home and prepare for their move to Miami. There are only 5 more weeks left of semester 4! I can't believe how fast it has gone! We hopefully find out today wheather or not we will be staying here or heading to Miami. We applied for here so we're really hoping we get it!! Cross your fingers for us! As soon as I know I'll let all of you know.

Anyway then on Saturday we had the 4th semester banquet, also known as Medical School Prom. I had so much fun dressing up and wearing makeup and HEELS! It was so much fun to be girly again! I think that has been my number one challenge about being here. Its impractical to wear makeup cause you'll just sweat it off, and heels, come on, walking on these roads, I don't think so. And you don't wear nice cloths because who knows what will happen to you during the day, you fall up or down a hill, dirt, bugs, etc. So its hard to feel pretty and girly here when you are used to makeup and heels and nice clothes. Now don't get me wrong I know it sounds like I'm just complaining,  I love hiking and being outdoorsy, but I love makeup and heels too... :D.  Okay back to the party,  It was held at Fort Shirly, which when I first heard that I was wondering how that was going to work because Fort Shirly is outside and where soldiers uses to defend the island. However, It was beautiful, they did such a wonderful job of decorating it. There was a tent outside which had some tables under it  and one of the buildings, which I didn't know was functional, I thought it was just a replica, also had tables upstairs for the dinner. Now in the past I have heard so many people complain about how awful the food is, no offense to anyone, but we are in a third world country, when food is catered in its not like it is in the U.S. So I didn't have very high expectations for the food so I wasn't let down in any way.  After dinner there were some awards such as,  the person most likely to be on facebook rather than assisting with surgery, person most likely to get peed on in their peds rotation, the next Dr. House,  person most likely to be at the bar 5 minutes after step one, etc. They were pretty funny.  By the time that was done they had cleared the upstairs tables and the dance was about to start. A couple of Aaron's classmates started the dance off with some latin dancing, they did a really great job!  It was fun to watch them. We danced for a while then around 11:45 decided to head home and get some sleep. It was a very fun night!

Aaron and I when we first got up to the banquet.

The tent that was set up for dinner.

Aaron and I in front of Prince Rupert Bay. I love this Picture!!

Jesse and Nick, a couple Aaron and I get along with very well, they are very sweet people.

Where we ate, and later where the dance was.

They did a great job dancing!

We had a wonderful evening!

I will post more when I find out where we'll be going for sure!! Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment