Friday, May 7, 2010

The Start of the 365 Day Count Down!

As promised here are the pictures from our wonderful anniversary dinner! 


 I made Spicy Italian Chicken breasts with a cold pasta salad that had spinach, tomatos, onion, and cucumber in it. We also had warm cheesy garlic bread, but its not in the picture.

 

 I put 4 candles on the table, one for each year we've been together. Like my classy vintage candle holders? :)

 Dessert was the best part! I made yellow cake with vanilla pudding so that it was super moist. But the best part was the homemade buttercream frosting!! It was to die for!

 Little heart sprinkles on the top

Doesn't that look delightful??? :D

It was a very delicious dinner! Aaron was so surprised and he loved it :)
So exactly one year from today Aaron and I GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!! I can't wait! I'm so excited to start that very exciting and life-long adventure and I couldn't have imagined a better guy to get to do it with. A year seems so far but at the same time I know how quickly that year is going to fly by. I already can't believe that I have been living here in Dominica for EIGHT months! It doesn't seem like its been that long! So I can only imagine how fast this next year will go with all the planning and moving we have ahead of us. 
I am loving every second of planning the wedding. I think it is going to be really beautiful, altho I wouldn't care if I was getting married in a barn, so long as Aaron was next to me. For those of you that don't know we chose our wedding party and have asked them, they all lovingly agreed to stand up for us and witness our the beginning of our marriage. The Matron of Honor will be Tonya Grim- My cousin. The Bridesmaids are Sarah Gonzalez- my sister, Sara Rozycki- Aaron's sister, Kate O'Brien-May- my friend, and Mariah Luther- my cousin.  The flower girl will be my niece Mia Parr. The Best Man is Aaron's dad, Roy Robertson, the Groomsmen will be Matt Dickinson- Aaron's Friend, Clint Rozycki- Aaron's brother-in-law, Lenny Riley- Aaron's Friend, and Matthew Sliter- my brother. We'll have two ushers, Cody Luther and Mike Grim, both my cousins. We will be having the ceremony in Solon at St. Peter and Paul Chapel, well hopefully, I still have to go and put the deposit down in June, but I'm pretty sure we've got no competition. The reception will be held at the Elks Lodge in Cedar Rapids. And that one is nailed down, because my wonderful grandparents went in and put the deposit down for there. They had already been booked for that day then someone cancelled...lucky us! The colors will be primarily black and white with an accent color of "Sangria". I'm pretty sure we have our photographer and I'll be meeting with her when I'm back home.  I'll also be meeting with the Revrend, Spielmans rental company, a couple cake people and flower people....So all the major stuff is pretty much figured out! I know it's kinda early to meet with some of these people, but I want to be sure and touch base with everyone and let them know of our situation because I won't be able to actually meet with some of them when all the timelines say you should, since we'll be here til December. So I want to be sure to be prepared!! 

Anyway I think thats all I have for now. I hope you all have a great weekend! 

P.S. don't forget to wipe the drool off your face before you leave the computer, that could be embarrassing! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment