My flight to Dallas was good. The flight to San Juan wasn't as good. If that had been my first flight I don't think I'd ever get on a plane again, the first 2.5 hours was very, VERY rough. It smoothed out for a bit but then got rough again for the rest of the flight. I did get to see the most beautiful sunset ever on that flight, so that makes up for some of the turbulence...lol! When I got my bags and was headed to the hotel I noticed that one of them was pulling funny, and when I looked a little more closely I realized one of the wheels was broken so I was literally dragging the suitcase. To get to the hotel I had to walk up a really big ramp...dragging the suit cases with me. I checked in and got to my room and tried to Skype home only to realize the internet wasn't working in my room, so I went to the restaurant to eat and to call people. Needless to say I went to bed very early that night I was exhausted! I got up early the next morning and got breakfast then went and checked in and went through security. Then I waited and waited for my turn to board. Finally it was my turn and we took off for my final destination Dominica. I had been so nervous to fly over water but it was the most beautiful flight I had ever been on! When we landed I had butterflies in my stomach! I made it through customs no problem and then got my bags and went out the door and found Aaron waiting for me!! We were both relieved that I was there. We then started the long and twisty and VERY narrow ride home. I'm not gonna lie, I was terrified we were going to get into an accident, however we made it alive. We had to go to the store and get some pillows. Andrea, our neighbor made us dinner which was delicious. I, however was extremely tired and overwhelmed with everything.
I went to bed early that night, but I just ended up laying there, cause of all the new noises and the new place. I did finally fall asleep and what felt like minutes later I woke up to the sound of a rooster! I spent my first day here cleaning and rearranging the apartment so it looks more like a home rather than a bachelor pad, it was a challenge but it looks great now... Aaron was even impressed...lol.
That brings you up to speed on what has been going on in the last 72 hours! Today I am going on a hike with Andrea and a few other girls. I'm really excited! I'll post more pictures when I get back.
Love you and miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment