Aaron and I hiked to boiling lake. It is the second largest boiling lake in the world. Its a 6-8 hour hike in and back so it takes up the whole day, our group did it in about 7 hours. It was an amazing hike! I has heard many people say how hard it was and how they thought they were gonna die and their legs were killing them by the end because there are so many stairs (you have to climb up and down mountains). I was terrified to do it, but I knew that if I didn't I would really regret it in the future. I ended up completely loving it! I would even do it again if the opportunity presented it's self. It was so so gorgeous and it's pretty amazing to actually see a lake boiling!
Its about 9am here and I'm soooo happy to be off the bus after the almost 2 hour drive on curvy Dominican roads...I get pretty car sick here :(
This is Aaron's second time to do the hike, he must really love me ;)
Us with the beautiful mountains. Like I said this was a BEAUTIFUL hike.
Our first look at the boiling lake!!
The Valley of Desolation. There was a lot of sulfer in this area so it smelled a bit like eggs, but it was still unbelievably beautiful!
Writing on the sulfer covered rocks!
My turn!
<3
SEE! I told you it was a boiling lake! Cool huh!
:)
We made it!
We got our pictures back from our friends Jen and Andrea! They did so amazing! This is just a very tiny selection of my favorites! I hope you love them as much as we do!
Miss Meeka Boo grew... A TON! I swear this just happened last week it seems like!
Tiny sweet little puppy....
HUGE sweet puppy! How did this happen?! And the better question is WHEN!
Miss Meeka is not a lady when it comes to her dinner. She doen't even chew it, she just swallows it whole. It literally takes her about 3 seconds to eat all of her food, and thats being generous! In effort to help protect her from getting bloat I hand crafted this silk box to raise her food and water to make it easier on her body while she's vacuuming it up.
We also put a rock in her food dish so she has to work around it to get the food, it slows her down to maybe 5-6 seconds, not great but better.
We have gone to the beach a few times and after we come home and the girls get baths and get their toes clipped and ears cleaned out, and this is always what follows.....
So sweet! My baby girls!
Lenny and Aaron Dressed up for the last time in 4th semester!!
What a couple of handsome men! Andrea and I are lucky girls!!
Off to School to take their ICM final!! I love the dress clothes and backpack combo, makes me smile :)
The girls tried to eat Lenny
It rained...A LOT
The Guys had to walk to school one night in the pouring rain, so cute in their rain jackets!
We had to say goodbye to Lenny:(
Both Aaron and I were really sad to say goodbye. I have to admit I cried. We'll see both Lenny and Andrea again though because Lenny is a groomsman!!
Aaron and a bunch of his schoolmates celebrating the end of 4th.
The girls had their first week long slumber party!
This is Koa! He is from the same litter as Meeka. He's the girls brother!
And boy do they love playing with him
Koa zonked out from all that playing!
Action shot!
Just like kids, dogs love boxes!
Cute little tushys :)
Another thing that happened was Dominica ate some of my shoes!
I was actually at the school when this pair hit the dust so I tried my best to repair them for my long journey home, I ended up having to take a bus, but still had to walk about a block from where it drops you off, the cement is very HOT here!
This is Zeus, Lily really likes playing with him, he's our neighbor's dog.
Our friends here on the island threw us an engagement party!
Cute cake huh!
So thats what happened! Now off to cook a fabulous dinner for Aaron, we've been dating for 4 years today! I'll take pictures of it and post them later!!








Shannon, some of those pictures turned out awesome!! love them.. and love reading your blog.. keep it up!
ReplyDelete