Friday, April 15, 2011

Crunchy Homemade Granola

I love granola. Plain, golden, crunchy deliciousness. However its so expensive for a tiny little box of it.  So I figured I'd just make my own. I searched tons of recipes but they all had dried fruit, nuts and so much sugar I was sure you would get a cavity after just one bite. So I took it upon myself to make my own granola recipe. It was heavenly. I'd love to share my yummy crunchy granola with you!!

Ingredients

  • 3 Cups Quick oats
  • 1Tbsp Brown sugar
  • 2 Tbsp Flax seed
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/2 Cup honey
  • 2Tbsp melted butter
Preheat the oven to 250. In a large bowl mix the first 4 ingredients until combined. Put the honey and butter in the microwave for 15 second intervals until the butter is melted. Then pour the honey/butter over the oat mixture and stir. Make sure all the oats are covered. Lightly spray a large cookie sheet. Dump oats onto the sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.


I've also come up with a couple variations I might try in the near future. This was VERY good granola we are almost out! It's great with yogurt, on Ice Cream, or plain. I think you should make some this weekend, you wont regret it! Let me know how it turns out! Have a great weekend! Happy baking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment