Monday, November 2, 2009

Cows, cows, and more cows

Here in Dominica they a.) don't believe in pastures, or b.) are too lazy to make fences. Either way there are cows everywhere, and its the funniest thing to me. You'll be walking on campus and turn a corner and bam there's a cow, then you'll turn another corner and bam, there is an entire heard of them. The other day Aaron and I were gonna go sit on the beach and on our way there on the side of the path there were about 5 or 6 cows just hanging out eating the grass. Its soooooo weird to see them just out and about where ever they please.
Aaron Tried to pose with one but scared it and it ran away, I was laughing my butt off cause when it stared to move Aaron jumped about 5 feet.
Then when we were walking home from the beach there was a cow in the middle of the side walk! We had to wait for some cars to pass and then make a wide circle around it so it didn't kick us. It just cracks me up that this is normal here, my first instinct is: we need to find out who's it is so they can get it back to their pasture... clearly I grew up on a farm!
we made it look at us, so I could get a picture, and the people behind us thought we were crazy I'm pretty sure!

1 comment: