Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 23: Something I Crave

What I'm craving really depends on where I am and what's going on. Had I been asked this question while living in Dominica my answer would have been Ice Cream and Milk hands down. They were rare on the island and I missed them soooo much! However, now living in New York I crave nature. The stars are what I miss most. I never thought I'd say that, but not being able to see them because of the glow of city lights makes me so sad! That was one of the things that was amazing about Dominica, the stars were so bright and you could see them so well with so little electricity and unpolluted sky. I would just stand out side and stare at them.

Another thing I crave sometimes is starting a family. Especially, when most of my family and friends are starting their families. Being around a newborn and a toddler everyday doesn't help either! (I'm a nanny) Sure they are a handfull at times but I love those little tykes! Children are just so amazing. They change so fast and they learn even faster, they are little human sponges. But at the same time, I love it just being the two of us, and can't imagine having to share my husband with a baby!

I also crave stability. I want so badly to settle somewhere. Not knowing where we'll be in a couple years is incredibly unsettling. I know where I WANT to be but who knows where this road will actually lead us.

Then of course I crave normal things like chocolate, french fries, diet coke, a hot bath, etc.

What kinds of stuff do you crave?

No comments:

Post a Comment