Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 24: A Letter to Someone I Love

                                                                                                                                August 4 2011

Dear Mia Monkey
                                                                                           
     I just want you to know that I love you more than words can possibly say. When your mom first told me she was pregnant with you, she and I had a rather large argument about it. I was worried because she was so young. But eventually we worked it out. The first time I saw you was at her first sonogram. I had no idea what I was looking at but when we heard your heart beat I cried and knew that I was already completely in love with you. Your mom and I became really close over the course of her pregnancy with you. When she called and told me she had come home from work because she had been having contractions all day I dropped everything I was doing and drove over. We sat around and talked for a while about how we couldn't wait to meet you and wondering if it was really labor. Finally we went to the hospital and about 4 hours later you greeted us. I was lucky enough to be in the room when you were born and of course I was crying. When the nurse put your pink hairy little body in your mom's arms, you were the most beautiful little baby I had ever seen. Then when I got to hold you, I never wanted to give you up! You made me melt. Now that you can talk its amazing to see all that you have learned at to be able to have conversations with you. I can't believe it has almost been 3 years! You are so grown up and even a little sassy! You are turning out to be an amazing little person. I am so lucky to have the privilege of being your Aunt.

     I know it's hard because I am so far away, but I want you to know that you always will have someone to love you, to believe in you, to listen to you, and to help you when you need it. You can always Skype, call, email, and I promise to visit when I can. Someday you will even be able to come and visit me! In spite of the distance I will always try to be the very best Aunt I can. Someday I will have my own children, but don't you ever worry, you, Miss Monkey will always have a very special place in my heart.

     I know right now you are too young to read this or to understand it, but someday you will be able to. I love you all the way to the moon and back Mia, and I promise I always will.

Love Always,

     Aunt Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment